DOOR CRASHER: Use the coupon algreenpumps at check-out to save 30% off any pump!
Madison Rain Barrel
...because flat rain barrels can look good too!
The Madison Rain Barrel is available in two colours:
The 49 gallon Rain Barrel was designed to help conserve water while still keeping an attractive appearance. Its flat back allows it to rest up against walls and flat surfaces. Made of roto molded plastic to look like terracota, this rain barrel is able to withstand extreme temperature and will not chip, crack, or fade.
The Madison Rain Barrel includes the following features:
- Corrosion Proof Screen Guard
- Hook for hanging Garden Hose
- 4' Garden Hose with Shut-off Nozzle
- Overflow valve
- Durable 3/8" thick wall
- Opening fits 3" and 4" down spouts
- 33" tall, 24" in diameter
- Optional fountain-top upgrade (upgrade)
- Made in Canada
Lifetime warranty on the enclosure
Why use a rain barrel?
You can calculate the number of gallons your rain barrel can collect per rain fall using the following formula:
Square footage of roof x 0.6 inches of rain = Total gallons you can collect from one rainfall.
- Connect a hose to the overflow valve of your rain barrel to divert water away from your foundation.
- You can also connect a drip line to your overflow valve to water your garden. However, due to the lack of pressure stemming from the overflow valve, you will have to drill holes (no more than 3) in the drip line to allow water to escape. Drill the 2-3 holes progressively larger, starting from the overflow valve.
- To prepare for winter, partially empty the rain barrel and either remove the hose from the bottom to allow for water drainage or to leave the shut-off nozzle on the hose open. Or, drain the water fully and cover the top so no new water can enter the barrel.
- Purchase a diverter from your local hardware store to connect the downspout to your rain barrel.
- If your ground is not level, you may need to build a foundation for your rain barrel. A foundation can be constructed from bricks, wood or flat stone.