Preformed Watercourse/Stream Ideas
After tackling the challenge of installing your very first water garden, the next step is to add a waterfall. The installation of a full-fledged 8 foot waterfall is a major project, and likely would not be suited for smaller ponds. If all you want is a small trickling of water, then a preformed watercourse may be the perfect solution for you.
Preformed watercourses come in many different sizes and colors. Among the most popular are the black waterfalls, and the granite rock watercourses. Preformed waterfalls usually include their own built-in fitting, and can be easily connected to your pump using your existing tubing.
For a more extravagant layout, you can easily add extra watercourse tiers by stacking the units on top of each other. Be forewarned, however, that the addition of extra tiers will add height to your waterfall, and you may have to up-size your pond pump accordingly.
The following are a few examples of preformed waterfalls that can be used to customize your existing water garden:
- A tiny starter watercourse that is a great addition to any pond
- 19" x 15.5" x 6"
- 34" x 24" x 17"
- One of the larger watercourses.
- Ideal for any black preformed pond
- 32" x 24" x 12"
- 24" x 16" x 11"
- Comes in both a granite rock and a black rock color.
- 39" x 26" x 14"
- Two-in-one pond includes both a 36 gallon preformed pond and a watercourse in a single unit
- Connecting two ponds together was never so easy